2019 was probably my most productive year ever.
- I released 4 singles, all with an accompanying video.
- I ran a crowdfunding campaign.
- I released and promoted my first solo album.
- I wrote and released a book.
- I played a sold-out gig
And this was all of course, on top of all normal life stuff.
I think the main reason I managed to get so much done was that I was very clear about what I wanted to do and I just did things that I was genuinely excited about. And then I said no to the rest.
I've spent the past couple of months thinking about 2020 and got very clear on what I want to do and also what I will not do this year.
What I will say YES to:
- Writing my next album - this is my #1 priority
- Sharing what I learned from releasing Villainess as a 100% independent artist. I've really enjoyed the process and will continue to go deeper into this for the next release. I hope my experience will help all of my fellow artists out there!
What I will say NO to:
- I will not start a Fan Club (something I asked you about and got awesome suggestions for ). I just don't think I have the time to do this properly. Instead, I'll keep sharing things for free on my blog, social media and most importantly, with my email subscribers.
- I will not be gigging or touring this year. Sorry. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE playing live, but I'm pretty sure that if I put together a band and started playing live this year, I wouldn't have time to do anything else.